Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Silence Is My Healer

pic:google
I waited in queue for food, it was not that I was hungry but I wanted to survive to the reasons unknown. but I wanted to live. I took my food and went to my usual place and sat there savoring every morsel. James called out to join him for a smoke, but I remained unmoved and said "No, you Go".

Though smoking is banned in prison, smuggling is carried in and out here. Strange is this place, where people are arrested and put in to commit more sins. I have been here since 7 years, confined for a murder. In movies prisons are depicted in such a way that people believe it is the most disciplined place, but mind you I have never seen such an inhuman place, oh well you must be thinking ,What more does a prisoner deserve! living in a 10x10 room,toilets installed in it, overcrowded with people and their depressed stories. I hardly speak with them, cause of the fear that i will have to share my part of story too. I have started embracing silence, after spending years on trials and pleading, i have understood one thing once your imprisoned you are muted not only physically but mentally too. 

 There is a strange dead silence in prisons,where prisoners believe that our silence are going to heal the wounds someday, and give us courage to face the world.. and suddenly i hear screaming and crying from the next jail room. A sign that a new prisoner is added to this soulless world. 
"Speech is silver,Silence is golden" i say to myself  and close my eyes to sleep 
This post is for Write Over The Weekend program by Indian bloggers @ blog adda

24 comments:

  1. Wow ! You provided a new definition to silence, I liked the way you depicted silence through the eyes of a prisoner. Glad to have come & read your story dear :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much Tanya for reading..
      take care :)

      Delete
  2. Aswathy, made me rethink... in fact reanalyze... at least myself... awesome way of putting it across

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sathish, good to know that you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Me , hope you liked it.. keep reading :)

      Delete
  4. that's such a new perpective of silence..very profound, Aswathy! loved this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uma for your kind words :)

      Delete
  5. Hii Aswathy, I have nominated your blog for Liebster Blog award kindly visit this link for more information. Thanks take care, Happy Blogging !
    Liebster Blog Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sasikumar, Thank a lot for The Award..will check it soon.. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi friend, I'm Hosting a Contest on 55 Fiction, It would be really Interesting. Check it out here "Best 55 Fictionist Contest." take care...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry sasikumar, i missed this.. looking forward for more such contest. :)

      Delete
  7. Its very touching.There are places and situations where its fair to be silent and composed.Nice presentation.Your presentations are lively ,realistic and factual.Keep it up and write more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much suraj.. your words lighten up my day :) really inspiring to write more.

      Delete
  8. Oh beautiful expression and the flow... loved reading it Aswathy!

    Regards,
    Anunoy Samanta
    -------------------------------
    http://imakemytrip.blogspot.com

    http://just4suzan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading.. would love to check out your blog too :)

      Delete
  9. Touching dear . www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear follower friend iam hear to say thanks for all support…ur support my success…Keep writing & reading…waiting to hear more…good luck…GOD<3U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Adhi, thanks for all your wishing. indeed blessed :)

      Delete